If there’s one thing that sets us apart from other accountancy firms, it’s how we work. We’re personal, friendly and straightforward.
Accountants are human beings too (believe it or not).
We get lots of questions about how we work, in general as well as how we carry out specific tasks: how we do a tax return for instance, or how we help people switch accountants.
So, we thought we’d put together a short guide that describes how we go about our work and working with individuals and businesses alike.
People who are thinking of using our tax and accountancy services naturally want to know how we work because they want to know how easy it’s going to be to work with us. Some accountants like to keep a distance, have bureaucratic processes and use a lot of technical language when it’s not needed. Not us.
It’s essential to use accounting terminology and certain official forms in some cases, but generally speaking, we always try to make things as quick, simple and clear as possible. We do that because it gives people a better understanding of the advice we’re offering and the value it can deliver. If everyone understands each other, we can all have a better working relationship.
Right from the word go
The first thing we like to do is get to know you and your business. The more we can understand, the better our advice will be. The better our advice is, the more valuable it will be to you. The same applies if you’re an individual, we like to get to know you. And we want you to get to know us in return.
We’ll invite you along to one of our offices for a chat and go through what you’re looking for over a cup of tea or coffee – or we can come to you to save you the trip.
- Once we’ve understood your situation, we’ll explain how we can help.
- We’ll talk you through how our advice will save you or your business money, or make it more tax efficient and effective.
- We could, for example, help you reduce your tax liability overall, or help you complete a self-assessment tax return on time and avoid a penalty for late submission.
There’s no hard sell
If you decide we’re the right accountants for you, you’ll enjoy lots of perks and benefits including:
- Fixed-fees and flexible payments (to help with your cash flow)
- Specialist tax and accountancy advice from fully qualified Chartered Certified Accountants
- Real-time accounting
- 24/7 access to your account
We’ll appoint a Client Manager to you who will be your sole point of contact. They will act as your accountant, advisor and business partner.
Having a consistent and friendly point of contact lets you build up a meaningful relationship with someone who really understands your business, rather than dealing with lots of different people – whom might never get to know your business that well. Being passed from one department to another is never a good idea at the best of times.
- That’s why we give you one point of contact who is always ready to listen and learn, and come back to you with the right advice.
You’re always welcome
You can call, email or pop into any of our offices as much as you like. Even if your Client Manager is on holiday, we’ll always do our very best to help. But we’re just as happy to visit you. In fact, we’d prefer to do that if it makes things easier for you.
- Our business is helping you and your business.
No surprises or hidden fees
Our prices are always fixed fee and our payment methods are always flexible.
We don’t charge by the hour – or for meetings, emails or phone calls either. We give you a fixed fee for the job. There’s also the option to pay monthly, quarterly or bi-annually to help with cash flow or to suit your individual financial situation. We will always strive to make things as convenient as possible for you.
To be a client of Aston Shaw is to be working with a business partner (not just an accountant!) whom always acts in your best interest.
- We are rigorous in seeking the best answer, not just the one that is most readily accepted, or the quickest to give.
- We go above and beyond because we want your business to succeed as much as you do.
Hopefully, that’s given you a good idea of how we work. It’s not all about business either. You can find out more about how we like to work with local communities, charities and our approach to Corporate Social Responsibility, on our About Us page.
- To start your own journey with us, or to ask any other question, take the first step by getting in touch.