Norwich: 01603 616300

Self Assessment Tax Returns

Our friendly and fully qualified accountants can complete your self-assessment tax return for you (no matter how complex) by the January 31st deadline.

We can complete tax returns for any individual or business including self-employed, CIS contractors or sub-contractors, Partners or Directors of a business, or Landlords renting out a property.

The Benefits of our Self Assessment Service

Although you may be able to complete your tax return yourself, many people find the process confusing, boring and stressful. That’s why they ask us for help. Our fully qualified tax advisors have had years of experience and will able to guide you through the process and make it as quick and easy as possible.

Who needs to file a Self Assessment Tax Return?

The self-assessment tax return is an annual requirement for people who do not pay their tax automatically through PAYE.

If you are self-employed, a Partner, Director, Landlord, a Trustee or registered with the CIS, you will have to file an annual tax return to HMRC declaring the amount of income you’ve earned. You have to do this by a certain deadline each year otherwise you may face a late submission penalty from HMRC.

What do you need to declare on a tax return?

When you file your self-assessment tax return, you will need to declare any income that you made in the previous financial year. Each individual will be different, but here are the main documents and records you will need to declare:

When is the self assessment tax return deadline?

HMRC give two deadlines to file your tax return:

HMRC fines for late submission of tax returns

There is an immediate £100 fine payable to HMRC if you submit you tax return late. This becomes a £10 a day fine on top of the £100 if you fail to submit your tax return after three months, which grows to a maximum of £900.

If you haven’t filed your return after 6 and 12 months following the deadline you get an additional £300 fine, or 5% of your tax bill (whichever is greater) on top of your previous fine.

Submission After The Deadline

£100 Fine

3 Months Late

£10 a day up to £900

6 Months Late

£300 or 5% of tax due

12 Months Late

£300 or 5% of tax due

*All penalties are additional to the former.

Fines for incorrect tax returns

There are also fines in place for sending an incorrect tax return or a form which contains mistakes. The heaviest penalty is for those who attempt to conceal their income in order to pay less tax.

Why Choose Us?

And you can call, email or pop into any one of our offices as much as you like and we’ll always do our very best to help. We won’t charge you for meetings, phone calls or emails either.

Find Out More

If you’d like to have a chat about anything relating to our tax return service, please contact one of our friendly advisors.

Get in touch

We have offices across East Anglia, or we can come to you. We have offices across East Anglia, or we can come to you. We always protect your personal data.

Client Login

Secure Document Exchange Login

To request access to use the Client Login feature, please email:


You have Successfully Subscribed!

Secure Document Exchange Login

Please email or call your Client Manager directly to be set up with access or if you have lost your login credentials.


You have Successfully Subscribed!