About our self assessment tax return service
Our friendly tax experts will make sure your tax return is accurate and submitted in the right format (online or paper).
We’ll also make sure everything is delivered to HMRC on time so that you don’t incur a penalty for late submission.
Whether you are self-employed, rent out a property, a partner or a Director of a business, we will help you become fully tax compliant and make sure you don’t pay too much tax.
We might even find a tax refund for you.
“Aston Shaw has looked after the needs of my business and the personal taxation for all my family for almost 10 years”.
Dr Sameer Shah, Newmarket Road Dental Clinic
The benefits of our self assessment tax return service:
- Fixed fees and flexible payments (to help your cash flow).
- We won’t charge you for emails, calls or meetings either.
- Unlimited support: we won’t charge for emails, phone calls or meetings.
- Reassurance everything will be done properly and on time.
- Convenient: we come to you.
- Fast turnaround: get it done before the deadline.
Self-assessment tax return deadlines
- Paper tax returns must be submitted to HMRC by midnight 31 October, 2017 – call us today if this deadline applies to you!
- Online tax returns must be submitted to HMRC by midnight 31 January, 2018.
- If you make advance payments towards your bill – known as “payments on account” – there’s an additional payment deadline of 31 July 2018.
“Aston Shaw have given my partner and I really good advice over the years. Moreover the cost of the advice has been rewarded in lower tax bills”.
Other deadlines to bear in mind
- If you’d like HMRC to automatically collect the tax you owe from your wages and pension, you can submit your online tax return by 30 December 2017. But you must be eligible for this: please contact us to find out if you’re eligible.
- Also, HMRC must receive a paper tax return by 31 January if you’re a trustee of a registered pension scheme or a non-resident company, because you can’t send a return online.
- HMRC may also contact you to advise you of a different deadline in certain cases.
Partnership tax returns deadline
If your partnership’s accounting date is between 1 February and 5 April and one of your partners is a limited company, the deadline for ￼online tax returns is 12 months from the accounting date, and the deadline for paper tax returns is 9 months from the accounting date.
Who has to submit a self-assessment tax return
There are lots of circumstances that require individuals and businesses to submit a self-assessment tax return.
Here are just a few examples:
- HMRC tells you to.
- If you are self-employed.
- Your income from savings or investments was £10,000 or more before tax.
- You made profits from selling things like shares, a second home or other chargeable assets and need to pay Capital Gains Tax.
- If your taxable income was more than £100,000
If you’re not sure whether you have to submit a tax return, please contact us and we will help you find out.
Doing your own tax return
You might want to complete and submit your tax return yourself, but many people find it quite boring, complicated and stressful, especially when there’s a deadline involved and a possible penalty for submitting it late.
That’s where we come in. Our tax advisors can take away the boredom, stress and worry. They’ve had years of experience and will able to guide you through the process and make it as easy and quick as possible.
- With our help, your tax return will be done on time and it will be accurate.
That way you can get back to running your business and private affairs: the things you really want to be doing.
Penalties for late submission
Submission After The Deadline
3 Months Late
£10 a day up to £900
6 Months Late
£300 or 5% of tax due
12 Months Late
£300 or 5% of tax due
*All penalties are additional to the former.
- We offer fixed fees and flexible payments, to help with your cash flow.
- We won’t charge you for emails, calls or meetings.
- You’ll have unlimited support.
- Reassurance everything is being done properly and on time.
- We can come to you, to save you the trip.
- We don’t have to be your accountant to help you with your tax return: it can be a one-off service.
Find out more: book a free meeting today
If you’d like help with your self-assessment tax return, please contact your nearest office, or whichever is most convenient for you:
Or use the Request a Call Back form below and we’ll contact you instead, whichever’s easiest.
Are you one of the two types of people no longer required to submit a self-assessment tax return? Simple Assessment first took effect in September 2017, which means some taxpayers no longer need to disclose information about their income via a self-assessment tax return. The term ‘Simple Assessment’ may ring a bell, it’s a term […] Read more