For those who have a clear idea of the career they’d like to pursue, apprenticeships and traineeships are fast becoming the most preferable route into a chosen profession. They’re perfect for 16-24 year olds with little or no experience in their chosen field. You get hands-on training, as well as being able to put these newly acquired and developed skills into practice in the workplace.
“We hire apprentices and graduates with the full intention of retaining them for a long-term career”
- Apprenticeships provide the unique opportunity of learning and training for a specific occupation, whilst earning money at the same time. They have evolved greatly over recent years and are no longer just in industries seeking trade skills, and now include more academic fields, making them a notable alternative to university.
- They are ideal for school, sixth form and college leavers who want to gain insight into their preferred career path, and earn an industry recognised qualification while doing so.
- Aston Shaw have decades of experience in employing and training apprentices, and have remained passionate about providing young people with the opportunity to enter fantastic careers with the best introduction possible.
- We offer a broad range of apprenticeships, both accountancy and non-accountancy related, including accounting, payroll, business administration, digital marketing and customer service.
- No formal qualifications or prior experience are required when starting an apprenticeship with us as ongoing, fully funded training will be provided. We’re far more interested in your personality and willingness to learn and develop current and pre-existing skills.
- We pride ourselves most for our comprehensive experience and knowledge we have gained from our accountancy apprenticeships. When an apprentice is enrolled onto one of our schemes, they will gain practical, hands-on experience across various departments within the business. This not only ensures our apprentices gain a well-rounded knowledge of the accounting industry, but that doing this will enable them to decide which direction they would like to take their career in. The areas an apprentice may work in throughout the duration of their apprenticeship includes, accounts, personal tax, payroll, bookkeeping, as well as other more specialised fields.
- On completion of an apprenticeship at Aston Shaw, there is real opportunity to progress. Director Daniel Overton began as an apprentice in 2007, and progressed onto his current role in just over a decade. You can read more about his story here.
Our Graduate Traineeships
- If you’re seeking a career in accounting and have recently graduated from university, our traineeships are the perfect way to get your foot in the door.
- You’ll quickly gain experience as you work with a wide range of companies across a varied client base, in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Throughout your traineeship, you’ll have the opportunity to work across various departments within our business, including bookkeeping, financial accounts preparation, payroll, and taxation.
- We aim to provide our trainees with a well-rounded experience in order to keep as many doors open by the end of the traineeship.
- We fully fund all training when you work towards your AAT, ATT and ACCA qualifications.
- If you already have an accountancy related degree, you may choose to progress straight onto your ACCA qualification.
- The proof is in the pudding when it comes to our traineeships: hear what one of our trainee accountants has to say about their experience:
- “I came from an academic background with no prior knowledge or experience in accountancy. I have felt welcomed and supported since joining Aston Shaw, learning every day in a positive environment. My confidence has grown, working as part of a team, and communicating with a variety of people. No day is the same with lots of different tasks in a Trainee Accountant’s role. I’m looking forward to starting college classes soon and applying what I learn to everyday scenarios whilst also achieving qualifications.” – Lizzie, Trainee Accountant at Great Yarmouth
Why Aston Shaw?
- First and foremost, we believe in our team. We’re always looking to grow our business, and want to make sure we have the right people on board in order to make this dream a reality.
- We hold many accreditations including Platinum ACCA Approved Employer status, ACCA Professional Development Approval, and AAT Accredited Employer status.
- We have many staff benefits including a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, subsidised lunches, regular staff parties and many more!
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All applicants and employees are treated in a fair and equal manner regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Our culture is progressive, proactive and client-focused. As a result, we can offer you a dynamic working environment with many opportunities to develop your skills and qualifications to achieve.