Our Accountancy Apprenticeships
We’re passionate about giving young people the opportunity to get into fantastic careers. Our accountancy apprenticeships will give you a real flavour of accountancy, you’ll also gain practical, hands-on experience across different departments of the business. This will not only give you a well-rounded knowledge of accountancy as a whole, but it will also help you to decide which areas you’re more suited to. This varied experience will help you to decide on which direction you’d like to take your career in. Just some of the areas you could be working in during your apprenticeship include Accounts, Personal Taxation, Payroll and Bookkeeping (as well as other, more specialised fields).
We fully fund all your training as you work towards becoming AAT or ATT qualified. After your apprenticeship we will continue to fund your training as you work towards becoming ACCA or CTA qualified, should you wish to.
Why an Apprenticeship?
If you’re a recent school, college or sixth form leaver, our apprenticeships are perfect for you. Our accountancy apprenticeships are a great way to get your foot on the career ladder – and earn money whilst you learn. It is our opinion, that in this industry at least, apprenticeships provide a real alternative to university.
- We hire apprentices with the full intention of retaining them for a long-term career.
There is an opportunity for real progression here at Aston Shaw, and an apprenticeship is a great first step. You might like to read about Daniel Overton’s career with Aston Shaw. He joined as an apprentice and became a Director in just ten years.
No formal qualifications or experience are required to begin an apprenticeship with us, as all training will be provided. When considering the eligibility of candidates for our apprenticeship scheme, we’ll be more interested in your personality and willingness to learn. So if you are interested in one of our apprenticeship schemes, our advice to you is to make your application reflect your character. We’ve written a blog on how to write a great cover letter that should help you with your application.
- Competitive Salaries
- Ongoing, Fully-funded Training
- ICAEW Approved Trainer
- Platinum ACCA Approved Employer
- AAT Accredited Employer
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Regular Staff Parties
- Subsidised Lunches
- Monthly Staff Lottery
- Dress Down Fridays
- £100 Reward for Client & Employee Referrals
- Ongoing Charity Support
- Social and Sports Activities
- Modern, Open-plan Working Environments
- Equal Opportunities Employer
Current Apprenticeship Vacancies
We’re currently on the lookout for people who are interested in these specific apprenticeship schemes, but please do send us your CV anyway, even if you can’t see something of interest because we’re always happy to hear from candidates who would like to work for us:
Send us your CV and tell us more about you
If you’d like to find out more, or if you think you’re the right person for us, then please upload a current CV and covering letter using the online form below.
Tell us what type of person you are – your strengths and your weaknesses – and what does and doesn’t motivate you. Tell us what you’d like to achieve with your career and why you’d like to join us. We want to learn as much about you as we can because that will help us decide how best you might fit in and how we can help your career flourish.
- Aston Shaw is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All applicants and employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance of the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Due to the high number of applications we receive, we can’t always respond to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within four weeks, your application may have been unsuccessful on this occasion. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply again. Persistence and determination are good qualities to have.